I wound up taking the summer off from blogging. Regular posts will restart on September 1st. I am going to start blogging on 1 chapter of the Bible each day, staring with the Gospel of Matthew. There are 1,189 chapters so this project should last until December 3, 2011. I have not decided what order I am going in yet, I may make it up as I go along. I am also going to try to post more on the intersection of theology and literature, music, sports, politics, economics, and religion in general. At least, that’s the plan. So start checking back in on September 1st.
In the mean time, here’s some stuff I’ve come across this summer:1. Cameron Strang writes about accepting and then declining an invitation to pray at the DNC.
2. Rick rolling with Obama.
3. Soccer player retires to become a priest.
4. Goodbye Dodger Town!
5. One last pitch for Tim Drew.
6. It’s almost time for Jayhawk FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!! (It feels so strange to say that.)
7. Baking the perfect chocolate chip cookie.
8. Pop, Coke, or Soda.
9. Tobacco saves lives!
10. Wind farm health concerns.
11. Al Gore places infant son in rocket to escape dying planet (WARNING: this is satire).
12. Strongly worded email to boss sits in draft box.
13. Bargaining for a bride. 14. Tom Waits in concert. 15. New exhibit explores Jim Henson’s world.
16. The baby on Nirvana’s “Nevermind” album; all grown up.
Have a great end to your summer!